Our ReStores accept donations of new and used building materials, appliances and home décor items from homeowners, businesses and trades.
The ReCap Story
Since opening in 2007, our ReStore has taken donations of used appliances and sold them at a nominal cost to the public. Profits from used appliance sales support Habitat for Humanity’s traditional home building programs. To provide increased financial support for affordable home construction and to provide greater value to ReStore customers, the ReStore Certified Appliance project, or ReCap, was introduced in June, 2012.
In the beginning, used appliances were sold “as is.” Both the customer and the Restore took a risk. With the launch of ReCap, all appliances are processed through ReStore’s new Appliance Service Center. Once an appliance is processed through the ReCap program, the unit receives a warrantee for 1 month.
Did you know you can donate your kitchen?
I’ve worked in the voluntary non-profit sector for most of my life — the coordinated effort I observed from the Habitat Kitchen Crew in my home was some of the finest teamwork I’ve seen. A first rate job for a great cause!
We offer the community a free Kitchen Salvage Service that not only helps raise money for our cause but helps save our environment too. Our Kitchen Salvage Crew will come to your home and remove your old kitchen to make room for your renovation.
– We will work with your construction timetable.
– Our intention is to re-sell the items, so they are removed with care.
– Our trained team of volunteers will cap all plumbing lines and grommet all electrical feeds.
– We leave a clean and contractor-ready space.
– Insured for protection of homeowner.
– Saves you up to $800 in contractor costs and disposal fees.
– Receive a CRA tax receipt for your donation when your kitchen is sold.
– Proceeds from the sale of your kitchen help support our local building projects.