On Saturday, September 29th we partnered with Coastline Mazda to host a Community Appreciation BBQ in Campbell River. This event received a $1,000 grant from the Aviva Community Foundation to be one of 100 ‘Better Together’ events across Canada. This funding is given to celebrations that create and foster closer community connections, and this BBQ delivered!
Jessica, a future Habitat homeowner in Campbell River, organized this event in collaboration with her team at Coastline Mazda to celebrate everyone in the community who comes together to help Habitat build brighter futures for local families.
In addition to our partnership with Jessica and Coastline Mazda, this celebration brought the community of Campbell River together in several ways:
- North Island-Powell River MP Rachel Blaney volunteered to flip burgers.
- 99.7 2Day FM, our local Campbell River radio station, was live on location.
- Local businesses, including York Machine Shop, NAPA Auto Parts – Cres, and Nancy Barnes for Thirty-One Gifts, donated door prizes and auction items. The silent auction also featured treasures from our Habitat ReStore.
- Habitat build volunteers came by to eat and mingle on their lunch break.
- We were thrilled to see so many members of our community stop by for lunch, a car wash, and to show their support for Habitat!
This event raised $1,200 through donations and the silent auction, all of which will go towards helping local families build strength, stability, and self-reliance through affordable homeownership. Thank you to everyone who came out to celebrate with us!