Nov 21, 2016 3:36 PM
Almost everyone has heard of Black Friday and Cyber Monday, two days that promote sales and shopping, but have you heard of the day that comes after? #GivingTuesday is a day where charities, companies and individuals join together to share commitments, rally for favourite causes and think about others.
This year’s #GivingTuesday is Tuesday, November 29th, and we want to use the week leading up to it to celebrate everyone who gives back to our local Habitat for Humanity.
This week we are asking you to help us raise awareness with an #UNselfie. We even have a printable template to make it easy for you to share why you volunteer, donate to, or raise awareness for Habitat for Humanity Vancouver Island North.
- Print out our downloadable template.
- Fill it out with the reason you support Habitat. Examples: “everyone deserves a safe place to call home”; “they help local families”; “I care about affordable housing”; “they provide a hand up not a handout”
- Take a selfie or have someone take a photo of you holding the paper. You can use it to cover your face or show it.
- Post it on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter with the following hashtags: #GivingTuesday #UNselfie #HabitatVIN #GivingTuesdayCA
- Tag us in it, and we will ‘like’ and share it! Facebook: @HabitatVIN Twitter: @VINHabitat Instagram: @Habitat.VIN
Not a big social media fan? Email us your Unselfie and we will share it for you! Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whether it’s to us, or another of your favourite charities, we hope you will consider giving back this #GivingTuesday through volunteering, donating, or simply spreading awareness!