No experience necessary.
Our homes are built almost entirely by volunteers, both skilled and unskilled. Whether you are a contractor or have never picked up a hammer in your life, we can use your help. We are always building either in the Comox Valley or Campbell River. All the equipment and safety gear you need for the day is provided with the exception of steel toe boots, and no previous experience is necessary. Orientations take place at the start of each shift.
Book a build day.
It’s never been easier to book your build day. We use an on-line volunteer management program called ‘The Volunteer Matrix’ which enables you to pre-register on-line and select your build days at your convenience.
You can also contact our Volunteer Services Manager with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or (250) 334-3777 ext 224.
Do you need help booking a build day?
Go to the volunteer calendar and complete the following steps:
Creating a New Volunteer Profile
1. Click “New Volunteer Registration” box on the right.
2. Create a User name and Password
Creating a Group
1. If you are creating a group you will be prompted to create a group name and add email addresses of your group members; they will then be sent an email and be asked to complete their section of the registration process.
2. Once on this site there are some questions about skills and interests, which allows us to place our volunteers appropriately. There are some Orientation and Safety information, and a Liability Waiver that must be brought to the build site on your first volunteer day.
1. You can schedule yourself right on the Calendar which will appear once you have completed all modules.
2. You can also log into this site at a later date and schedule yourself or your group.
3. On the main calendar, pick your dates by clicking the white box inside the date squares and click on the sign-up button.
4. Click schedule only me, or schedule my group
5. Please subscribe to our emails as they give you updates to the build.
6. BEFORE you pick a build day you MUST
– Print and sign the Liability Waiver to bring with you on your build day.
– Complete your Profile which includes your skills and interests.
– Complete the Orientation (Mandatory)
– Receive reminders with a text message to your cell phone.
– Share with your friends on Facebook that you are joining Habitat on the build.
Don’t forget your steel toe boots and HAVE A GREAT DAY! Thank you for volunteering!